Sep 15, 2014
【 Spanish/Español : Aquí 】
Yes, it's ok and it's also normal to feel afraid of making blog changes but we shouldn’t be afraid at all! Before I'll give some personal advice and possible solutions please let me explain :)
Lately I’ve been thinking about my brand: the products, the marketing, the target market... After days, almost weeks, I finally found the answer of which direction my brand should take, but, this whole new project needs changes.
I started doubting my new idea, feeling scared of the changes that I would need to make in order to follow my new direction. Mainly because I’ll have to make several changes that will affect the marketing that I’ve been working on in order to reach my target market, which I think, will change after I take this new direction.
Then I took some minutes to just breathe in and out. I relaxed myself and started thinking clearly. Why should I be afraid of making changes that will bring me better results? Why should I be scared of doing the things I love?
At this moment instead of doubting myself I started thinking new solutions and ways to accomplish my big goal, my dreams!
I’m not a professional in the blogging area but I would love to share with you this small ideas and possible solutions I’ve come up with, hoping I can help you in some way :)
Solutions for Small Blog Changes:
- Should I use a new social media? Do it! At least you could try using it some time. And don’t forget to add its icon on your side bar so your readers can follow you. I was doubtful of using Instagram and now it’s one of my favorite social media to use as a marketing tool.
- Should I change my blog banner? Of course! As you evolve your banner could do it too ;) Just remember that it should be in harmony with your blog design.
- Should I use a new widget/badge/etc. in my blog? If it will improve your blog then, yes! Let me tell you my example: In my blog I used Blogger's comments into my blog posts. But I started noticing that most of the bloggers who I admire and follow use Disqus. I investigated about his tool and made the change immediately! And I don’t regret it. Now it's easier to follow comments in my blog and in other blogs too!
Solutions for Big Blog Changes:
- Should I change my blog design? If you’re not 100% happy with it then change it! Since you already have the previous design foundation, it’ll be easier to start making the important changes first, and then the smaller ones little by little. With the right design you'll even attract more readers and customer to your blog. For Koori Style’s blog I made small blog changes every week until I was happy with the layout. It took me several months but now I love my blog design!
- My social media is focused to certain target market but I want to change the niche… Should I start from scratch? No, not necessarily. If you have readers it’s because you made a good impact in them. So it’s possible they’ll keep following you. Even though, we must have in mind that we’ll certainly lose precious readers through the change, but taking the right direction we’ll make the effort to reach new readers and customers that’ll be our new target market.
- Should I rebrand and change everything: name, domain, logo, design, etc.? I think this is the scariest change of all. But, as I mentioned above, instead of being afraid we should keep calm and find solutions. If we already took the step to begin a blog, we will surely be able to rebrand! First we could do a ‘to do list’ to keep track of the changes. Keeping in mind to add the new design and/or logo in our blog and email signature, social media banners and profile images. If we run an online shop we should also make these changes in our display and products. Also make a new watermark for your images. Change the names of the social media or create new ones, depending of your needs. Don’t be afraid, little by little you’ll accomplish it!
Hope this post has been of any help for you guys. Have an excellent day! See you soon ♥!
PS.: From now on #LearningWeekend will change to #LearningDay :)
PS. #2: Some Koori Style’s blog changes will come pretty soon. GREAT changes. I’m very excited! :D