Hi friends~! How are you? Today I’m going to talk about a topic that got my attention years ago: Pullip Dolls. But before we start learning more about these pretty dolls I have to say that this topic has a lot of information; so, today I’m going to focus on what a Pullip doll is.
Pullip (풀잎), meaning "leaf" in Korean, is a collectible fashion BJD (ball jointed doll) created in 2003 by Cheonsang Cheonha of South Korea. A Pullip doll price can be on the range of $90 USD ~ $200 USD. After these dolls were released the success was very noticeable that other companion dolls were added to the Pullip family:
- Namu (나무, tree), Pullip’s ex boyfriend.
- Taeyang (태양, sun), Pullip’s current boyfriend.
- Dal (달, moon), Taeyang's younger sister.
- Byul (별, star), Dal's best friend .
- Isul (이슬, dew), Pullip's younger brother.
- Yeolume (여루메, fruit), Pullip's future daughter. She’s the latest family member added in February 2013.
- Little Pullip is also a miniature line with 1:12 scale bodies and 1:6 scale heads.
A Pullip is 30cm (12in) tall; the body is about 22cm (9in) tall and is on the 1:6 scale, while her oversized head is about 8cm (3in) tall on the 1:3 scale. With a 1:6 scale body, Pullip body is approximately the size of many popular playscale fashion dolls, like Barbie.
New editions of Pullips are released on a monthly basis and limited editions are also sold occasionally. Each doll has a unique name with distinct face makeup (called a "faceup"), hair, outfit, accessories, collector's card, doll stand, and box.
As you can see there’s a lot of information about this topic but I promise in future blog updates I’ll talk more in detail about topics like: Pullip’s family members, body types, customization, DIY, etcetera… ;)
Did you know about Pullips? Do you have one or would like to have a Pullip doll? Leave a comment below and I’ll see you pretty soon ♥.